Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Today's Zealous Apathetic Job Search

What. That doesn't make any sense. And yet that's EXACTLY what I did today.

I need a job. Badly. So, I hopped in the truck and headed off to the stores. Unfortunately...I got the cold feet. The thought of walking into a store and asking for an application actually scares me.

First stop: Target. I had already applied online, but I thought it would be a good plan to check in and see if they had taken a look at it. What did I end up doing? Walk in...walk out. Didn't talk to anyone. (although I smiled at a lady.) Chicken. BAWK BEGAWK.

Round two: Rainbow. Didn't even get out of the truck.

My brain was literally going I NEED A JOB.
NOT THAT.
I NEED A JOB
AAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHH.
NOT THAT.

I begrudgingly pulled up half way in between Walgreen's and Michael's. Both were hiring!!...online. So, I just kind of walked around both stores, generally making myself look suspicious while I tried to look nonchalantly interested in...soap. and stuff. And not like I had just come in for an application.

Lastly I parked next to Cub. I knew Cub would be an online application, but taking a quick peek around the parking lot, I noted the other stores that I could potentially be hired at. Cherry Berry, Applebee's, Caribou...and TurnStyle Consignment. Pulling myself together, I headed over to TurnStyle, asked for an application, and actually filled it out and turned it back in. We'll see what happens. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so proud of you ^^ maybe you kept getting cold feet because otherwise you would have called it a day after your first successful application, where turn style is exactly where God wants you :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! Went all around Central Park and was TERRIFIED when I was....You'll get a job! I believe in you! <3

    ReplyDelete