Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The 50s Ideal


Settling down with a good book is something I haven't done in a looooong time. I'm so enchanted by the adorable idea of a young lady curled up in a window seat sipping tea and reading a book, while she is sheltered from the stormy weather outside. I absolutely LOVE that picture. It gives me tinglies. :)

Oh, im a romantic at heart, I know that. I don't,  however, know who crafted that picture or why it is in my head, but I want it to be me. I want to be the girl who dresses up in tea length skirts with a nice sweater and has her friends over for some coffee  and a Bible study.

I want to be the girl who has one man and one man only: her Christian husband who reads the Bible with her and has daily devotions with her. The girl who faithfully attends church every Sunday and smiles cheerfully at everyone from underneath her pink hat. The girl whose wardrobe may not be the biggest or the fanciest, but at least it's practical and modest, with a couple of dresses reserved for Sunday best.

I want to be the girl, no, woman, who lives for Jesus every day of her life. Who loves others as Christ loves her with a forgiving, gracious, and unassuming heart.

My mom always said I grew up in the wrong era, that, at heart I'm from the 50s. Maybe I should go back to the 50s.

Or maybe I can just be that girl now.

Proverbs 31:10 and 30
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies....charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment