Friday, June 7, 2013

A Maddening Scholarship Search

While I sit back and wait for places to actually call me back *cough michaels I really want that job cough* I've been spending a lot of time looking through scholarship websites and applying for scholarships. There's actually quite a few out there which is surprising me because last summer I hardly found any good ones.

Random people and companies make scholarships. For instance theres a fork lift parts company in michigan giving a $1000 scholarship. Whaaaaaat!? There's also some scholarship given by divorce lawyers in California.

Everywhere I looked when I was trying to find scholarships always told me to try fastweb. In reality, I strongly dislike fastweb. I do still use it because sometimes it comes up with good matches, but for the most part they're kind of lousy. They're all really easy to apply for, sure, but there's lots of competition for all of them. Many are enter a drawing, no essay, no minimum gpa 'scholarships'. Yuck.

Zinch is pretty good. Like fastweb it requires you to create a login for best results,  but that's not always a bad thing. At first I was a little wary, but its not half bad. I also like Cappex and College Prowler. These are the main ones I use.

Also..yaknow this whole blog thing? Well first off, I didn't actually think anyone would read it (which, I mean, there's only like four of you). But the actual reason I made it was so I could apply for scholarships. So many of them require you to post your essay on your blog. Get ready for some boring posts!!

A few more websites:
25 Popular Scholarships by big companies (exxon, ford)
Scholarships.com (I actually cant remember if this one is any good)

No comments:

Post a Comment