Thursday, June 6, 2013

MY DAD IS TRYING TO MARRY ME OFF

My dad wants me to get married.

Ok, so he didn't come out and SAY that, but I think I can infer it. We were having a nice chat over breakfast about oatmeal and other...normal...things when suddenly, out of the blue, he says,

"Regarding finding a...mate...I was listening to the radio the other day and Michael Medved had a guest on who said the college years are the best time of your life for that"

What.

"I took a lot of notes, you can have them if you want"

"Dad...have you ever heard the term, 'husband hunters'?"

"You know you shouldn't laugh at that. It's not as silly as you may think. This lady was talking to Princeton girls about important issues, and this was one thing they kept bringing up. It's not a bad idea to get your Mrs. Degree."

As if I hadn't thought of it. Yeah ok, its crossed my mind once or twice....ok at least a hundred times. I'm a girl and yes, I think about marriage. That's the truth! But I also realize that God has a plan and the right man will come along when he comes along.

"He'll....beee...drivin' 6 white horses when he comes! He'll be drivin' 6 white horses when he comes! He'll be drivin' 6 white horses,  he'll be drivin' 6 white horses,  he'll be drivin' 6 white horses when he comes!"

Please tell me you've heard that song. But ok, my "prince charming" doesn't have to be rich or drive 6 white horses. He does have to be a godly man. Oh...and musical. If you know of any, point them my way...or maybe send them straight to my dad.... ;) I'm really not that bad of a gal. As my dad just said, "im surprised more men haven't bothered you".

Hahahaha NO. I can wait. I can most definitely wait.

-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment