Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Scrumptious Smell of Falling Leaves (And other things that make me want to live in an always-autumn world)

Let's back track to my childhood, shall we?

I lived in a house in an adorable rustic neighborhood, surrounded by trees. I was an outdoors child. No matter what season it was, I would most likely be found outside, climbing a tree, jumping in leaves or digging in the dirt. I loved the outdoors (still do). But there was one season I loved far more than any other: fall. 

In 5th grade, my penpal and I got into an argument over which was better, fall or spring. She said spring. I said fall. In my mind, spring=mud. Rain. Days spent inside, and a wet sandbox that was no good for digging in. But fall?

Oh fall. How can one dispute the fresh crunch of leaves as you trod down the driveway? The beautiful colors on the trees? The crisp air, whipping your hair around and blowing leaves around in beautiful swirly patterns. 

My words don't do it justice. Others have said it so much better than I. Other still have captured its essence with photography. 


The picturesque beauty


The simplicity




The crisp, cool air

(seriously, can it stay this way forever?)



Apple orchards and harvest 


Just...everything about it
I love fall, and I always will. 

Autumn makes my heart sing

No comments:

Post a Comment