Thursday, April 17, 2014

More Than You Could Ever Know

"Marriages don't end because someone forgot to put the toilet seat down. Do people say they end because someone forgot to put the toilet seat down? Yeah, but that's not the real reason. They end because the communication was lost, there's stress, nothings going right and then- the kicker. He forgot to put the toilet seat down. And the marriage is just done."

I like this quote from my Interpersonal Communication professor the other day. Not because my marriage is ending, because, uh...that would be weird since I'm not married or dating, but because it actually kind of illustrates my life the past week. Bear with me through the rant.

For starters, I didn't get enough sleep. That's honestly probably what caused it all. We started talking about failing relationships in IPC and all I could think of was how I seem to be growing apart from my friends (I'm not really) which made my eyes begin to water/half cry in the middle of class. Then came honors auditions, which didn't go so well as I had hoped. Later, I opened my mailbox and found that I was not accepted as an RA, oh and by the way. I had YET ANOTHER late night, the blood moon WASN'T EVEN COOL and I DIDN'T DO ANY HOMEWORK. 

And then, just for the kicker, I didn't make it into Honors. 

Needless to say, I was a nervous and emotional wreck. My life basically was the marriage-situation from earlier, where I blamed the whole thing on honors. Was that it? No, it was the entire day's accumulation of events, but I just broke down and cried.

But then something beautiful happened. No, I didn't get word that they had made a horrid mistake and I was actually an RA. I didn't have my essays postponed, but I did get this in the mail, and honestly, that made all the difference.

No one could have known that all of this was piling up on top of me. They couldn't have known that it was the absolute perfect time for that note. But it was. So, I urge you friends, commit a random act of kindness sometime. You never know just how meaningful it can be to a person. 

God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment