Sunday, April 13, 2014

Church

It's said that you never realize how important something is to you until it's taken away.

Today, my other-non Lutheran friend and I decided to be Lutheran for a day because Bethel Baptist treats Palm Sunday like every other Sunday. There's no palms, and the lesson isn't sculpted around Jesus' triumphal entry. Well, I slept through my alarm, only to wake up an hour later to my roommate's alarm. Other than totally standing-up my friend, it wasn't that bad, because there are about 50,000 other Lutheran churches to choose from in Mankato (slight exaggeration).
UNTIL I remembered that--oops. I have to work at 11:30. So I couldn't go to any other 10:30 or 10:45 church service. And then...maybe it was just me being tired, but I almost started crying with the prospect of not being able to go to church. I mean...I've never had church taken away from me.

So, I decided to go with my last resort: ONLINE church
I scanned it beforehand, and it appeared to be a good church. Here's what Calvary Chapels believe (NOT CALVINIST.) http://christianity.about.com/od/Calvary-Chapel/a/Calvary-Chapel-Beliefs.htm

So I'm doing a live-tweet of the service. Except, not on Twitter. Enjoy?

Opens with praise music. Typical. 

Some mash-up of In Christ Alone and "woah oh oh" to make it just a little more cool.

Wait only three songs??

Oops he's praying brb

Oh hey that was a good prayer. 

What even is this.

Ok dude. I am done with this. I'm finding a new church. 

I headed over to Fourth Baptist's radio station (AM 1030 WCTS) and their service was just about to start. Handbells were playing the prelude. Ahhh....it's like home. Ok guys, I'm actually gonna listen to this one. TTFN ;)

(But seriously, listening to online church is rrrrrrreeeeaalllllly distracting.)



No comments:

Post a Comment