Saturday, September 10, 2016

A Day on the Town

First week of teaching is in the books!

Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day, and after a morning of lesson planning and getting ready for week 2, the lovely Adrian stopped by and we went out on the town for a time of relaxation, eating and window shopping.

Unfortunately, it was also Mankato's Pridefest, so we probably got mistaken for lesbians no less than 5 times. Especially when we were perusing wedding dresses in the consignment store, because why the heck not. They were prettyyyyyy.

There are so many fabulous stores in Mankato that I didn't even know existed. There's a few antique stores, a bike store, and a new thriftstore all within walking distance of my apartment. Also an ice cream shop, a couple coffee shops and an adorable (and delicious) bakery (this is the classy part of the downtown we're talking about).

(I'm sorry to say, I've got no pictures of our day to share). 

Our first stop: Mom and Pop's Ice Cream! Yum! I tried Fat Elvis and Adrian got some sort of pumpkin flavored ice cream which she *claims* was good. Jk I'm sure it was. :)

We walked around for a while, visiting the antique stores and such. In one store, the owner was singing along to some karaoke tracks. He sang a song about taking care of your woman. Unfortunately I think his song fell on deaf ears, because the whole store was just women and 2 gay guys.

At Thrifty's, I bought These Happy Golden Years to fill out my Little House collection and at the bookstore, we stopped to pet the cat. That's pretty much the only reason we went in. Then Adrian bought something else pumpkin flavored.

Last, we stopped into New Bohemia for their happy hour ($3 loaded potato bites!). I tried my first beer that I didn't hate. Harvest...something (pumpkin flavored :P), and I also had a darn good "roasted duck and cilantro" brat.

Whew. Such a great way to relax and celebrate my first week of teaching. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment